Commercial & office support
Your personal recruitment consultant
Our client based in Theale is recruiting for a Senior Buyer to join their team. The successful candidate will be working towards their CIPS qualification or have their CIPS.
- Ensuring external contract cover is placed on time, to agreed specification and generates agreed margin.
- Assisting the Procurement Service Manager to performance manage contract output to ensure quality and VfM.
- Ensuring contracts are managed and parts are procured in line with requirements from engineering operations.
- Generating monthly reports as agreed with the Procurement Service Manager
- Support the Procurement Service Manager (PSM) to deliver profitable external service contracts and parts
- Lead negotiations of pricing and terms of maintenance contracts.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of POs.
- Ensure that maintenance contracts records are accurately maintained.
- Manage the suppliers and contracts in line with the SRM programme, with focus on long-term sustainability, quality and profitability.
- Support the Procurement Service Manager in agreeing internal SLAs with our internal customers.
- Prepare agreed monthly reports on external service contract spend and performance against SLAs.
- CIPS 3 or 4, qualified or working towards is essential
- At least 4 years procurement experience within an integrated supply chain, including service and material management.
- Experience in Cost Management, SRM and Performance Improvement
- Experience of managing, negotiating and monitoring contracts